Fred B. Goldberg has led a long, distinguished career as a dental malpractice lawyer in Columbia. Even before establishing his private practice, he performed significant work in the legal realm, working for consumer rights with important agencies in government, including as a member of President Carter’s staff.
Providing Protection for the People
Fred Goldberg, while working for Esther Peterson, President Carter’s Special Assistant for Consumer Affairs, initiated the interagency litigation project, establishing a consumer presence in Administrative cases throughout the federal government.
Finding satisfaction in giving a voice to the people, Mr. Goldberg went on to serve as General Counsel to the District of Columbia Office of Consumer Protection. In this role, he shut down illegal auto repair shops and obtained hundreds of thousands of dollars in refunds from Holiday Spa and other businesses that had mistreated customers. He also was involved in creating the D.C. Lemon Law, which established new rights of car buyers who could not obtain satisfaction from dealerships who sold defective automobiles. Following that, he was appointed by the Mayor of DC as one of the first Commissioners of the District of Columbia Lemon Board.
Mr. Goldberg has represented numerous state and national consumer organizations including:
- National Association of State Utility Consumer Advocates (NASUCA)
- The New York State Consumer Protection Board
- Maryland People’s Counsel
- The Florida Office of the Public Advocate
- The Ohio People’s Counsel
Emphasis On Dental Malpractice
Mr. Goldberg soon settled more firmly into the local practice of law after starting his family, focusing his practice on advocating for victims of negligence. The son of a dentist and dental assistant, he took special interest in clients who came to him with dental malpractice cases. His background was of tremendous use in the field as he was already familiar with dental terms and procedures.
In just seven years, Mr. Goldberg became a premier dental malpractice attorney, representing 70% of all dental malpractice cases in Maryland. His reputation has grown to the point where he is frequently requested by clients in and out of state looking for a seasoned dental malpractice lawyer.
Making Clients the Top Priority
Attorney Fred Goldberg’s resume displays a clear interest and passion for protecting the rights of consumers. His work includes personal injury, dental malpractice, and legal malpractice.
Mr. Goldberg has appeared before the following courts:
- Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- Court of Appeals of the District of Columbia
- Circuit Courts of Maryland for Montgomery County, Prince George’s County, Frederick County, Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Howard County, Washington County, Garret County, Cecil County and Charles County.
- District Courts of Maryland for Montgomery County, Prince George’s County, Howard County, Baltimore County and Baltimore City.
- State of Maryland Court of Special Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- The John Marshall Law School of Chicago, IL
- Attorney Advisor to Esther Peterson, President Carter’s Special Assistant for Consumer Affairs
- General Counsel to the District of Columbia Office of Consumer Protection
- Commissioner of the District of Columbia Lemon Board
If you have been wronged by someone else’s negligence or mistreatment, call (410) 844-5221 to set up a personal meeting with Mr. Goldberg to discuss your case.